TBB Asks: Fall Theme
Autumn is finally here! Hooray! Temps here in Coastal Georgia are finally down to the low 80s! In celebration of this happy season, I’m linking up with the wonderful ladies of The Blended Blog for another round of “this or that.” It’s a fun way of getting to know the person behind the blogger! Let’s go!
1. Favorite fall sweet treat? All of it. Fruity cobblers. Gingerbread. Candy corn. All of it!
2. Red, yellow, or green apples? For eating I like red Gala apples. For baking I’ll snag some green Granny Smith apples.
3. Favorite fall sport to play? Is hiking a sport? Or lying on the beach? Because I like to do both in autumn when the temps are less likely to bring about heat stroke.
4. Best drink for fall? Sweet tea, as always! Or Jamaican Me Crazy coffee. Yes. Well, and hot chocolate. I had a great hot chocolate with cinnamon at Red Owl Coffee in Valdosta, Georgia this weekend!
5. Favorite fall activity? Hiking and lying on the beach, as I mentioned earlier. I also feel more crafty in the autumn, so let’s add “make crafty things” to the list. (That actually IS on my Autumn Adventures list!)
6. Must have fall purchase? A fresh scarf or pair of boots. I’m still on the prowl for an embroidered scarf, but I DID snag this fun pair of Teva hikers! I wear them all the time!
7. Pumpkins: pick your own or store bought? I’ve never been pumpkin picking! I usually buy my pumpkin in a can.
8. Real or fake pumpkin? For baking I prefer to use real pumpkin!
9. Favorite Halloween costume? I like the clever, punny ones!
10. College football or NFL? College for the fun, NFL for the power. I enjoy watching both! (For the sake of all that is good, I’m not entering the NFL debate here! Thanks!) My daughter leaves the room when I watch football. She says I’m loud. Hmph. If my Georgia Bulldogs are playing, I do tend to get a little vocal! Our Dawgs are doing us proud this year! #godawgs #goyousilverbritches
11. Fall or Halloween decor? Fall.
12. Raking leaves or no leaves to rake? We have no leaves to rake! I like leaves, but it’s okay that I don’t have to rake any.
13. Favorite soup? Cream of Pumpkin Soup (Kürbiscremesuppe) from the Torschänke in Dudeldof, Germany. I enjoy making vegetable barley soup and chicken barley chili. And I’ll be making Kürbiscremesuppe this week now that it’s on my mind!
14. Favorite fall candle scent? Anything apple or berries! These days I’m diffusing an apple cider essential oil, and it’s amazing!
15. Love or hate pumpkin spice? Meh. Neither. I prefer a nice apple pie spice blend.
16. Short booties or tall boots? Tall boots!
17. Favorite Halloween candy? I enjoy giving mini moon pies. #halloweensouthernstyle #georgiayall
18. PSL: yes or no? No. I try to avoid the sugary coffees.
19. Hayride or corn maze? Corn maze. This one is fairly local to us. I should put it on my Autumn Adventures list!
20. Favorite fall tv show? Oh, goodness! I’m a longtime fan of Survivor, and I also enjoy Madam Secretary and Designated Survivor.
Well, that was fun! I’m eager to see what the other folks in The Blended Blog’s linkup enjoy about autumn!
11 thoughts on “TBB Asks: Fall Theme”
Candy corn lovers unite! Love it…Oh I have been wanting to watch designated survivor…glad to know that you like it so much. And giving away moon pies, I want to go to your house!
Designated Survivor is really good! Start with Season 1, and snuggle in with a box of Moon Pies!
I joined in too!
That German soup sounds delicious. And what is a moon pie?
Hi, Danielle! Moon Pies are snacks that were invented for miners to carry in their lunch pails. They’re two graham cookies with marshmallow between them, and then the whole thing is covered with chocolate! They’re a southern thing, for sure. You can read all about them here: https://moonpie.com/about. I’ll let you know how the pumpkin soup turns out!
We weren’t THAT far off this go round!! Glad to hear it’s cooled off a bit!
The cream of pumpkin soup sounds delicious!
I’ll share the recipe if it turns out to be a good one!
Getting outside and hiking or walking is a million times better in the fall! Thanks for linking up!
That is the TRUTH!!! SO much better in the fall! Thanks for hosting such a fun linkup!