Is it just me, or has time been moving at warp speed lately?!? Wow! We’re two months into autumn, and it’s time to share how I’m doing on my Autumn Adventures list. My original list is here, and my October update is here.
I’ve had some AMAZING adventures over the last month, and I’m excited to tell you about them! I’m going to give short recaps here today, and then over the next few days (when I’m spending many hours on the road) I’ll write more about all the fun I’ve had lately! Here we go!
1. ✔Have a picnic in Forsyth Park in Savannah. We didn’t have a picnic in Forsyth Park, but we DID have a picnic at Biltmore House in Asheville, North Carolina! We made a last minute trip to Asheville and then made an unplanned visit to Biltmore! We rented bikes and rode up the (enormous) hill to the back side of the house, looked around for a bit, then had a lovely little picnic under the trees just down the hill from the house. What a view! Don’t you love how unplanned, super simple things end up being your favorite memories?!? Crazy! In any case, I’m going to call this one done. Maybe we’ll make it to Forsyth Park next month. If so, I’ll give myself bonus points!
2. ✔Go to the beach at least once.
3. ✔Take a Master Class at the Savannah Food & Wine Festival. DONE! I took the “Southern Dishes with a French Accent” class. It was taught by Chef Jennifer Hill Booker, and I had a great time! She taught us how to make three different dishes. We were then able to taste each dish! I’d like to take more classes next year. I learned a lot and had a really lovely afternoon.
4. ✔Take a road trip to Eifel Acres Farm in Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with friends. Happening now!
5. Χ Finish most of my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. (So that I can…) I have done SOME shopping and some thinking, but I failed to do MOST of my shopping before Thanksgiving. Ah well.
6. Focus on Advent. Coming soon!
7. ✔Take a hike during peak autumn color in the mountains. YES!!! Watch for a post in the next few days about our camping trip to Asheville! Photos and restaurant recommendations will be included!
8. Write one letter a week to a friend. Still not making progress on this one! Goodness gracious.
9. ✔Eat from a food truck.
10. ✔Attend a local book store event. I’m looking at you E. Shaver, Bookseller!
11. Χ Make an autumn art project. This one did not happen.
12. Make a winter/Christmas art project. Not yet.
13. Have dinner at Alligator Soul in Savannah. Not yet!
14. Do two of King Arthur Flour’s bakealong projects. YES! I did my first #bakealong last week! I made Cinnamon Star Bread and still can’t believe how beautiful it was! I’m eager to see what December’s baking challenge will be! A post with the recipe and more photos is coming soon!
15. ✔Continue to have intentional meet-ups with IRL friends. YES!!! I’ve had two especially fun time with friends over the last few weeks! I’ll share more in the next few days! (Hints: Poe, camping, and IKEA!)
So. Much. Fun!!! Like I said on the front end, I’ll have lots of time to blog on our road trip to Missouri this week, so come back soon and often to get all the details about my adventures!
I’m linking up with some other bloggers to see how THEIR autumn lists are going. I love seeing what everybody is up to! I’m getting a lot of great ideas for things *I* want to do!
Thanks for stopping by! Have YOU baked anything new lately? Hiked a beautiful trail? Spent some time with a friend? Please leave a comment so I can celebrate with you!