Autumn Adventures – Update #1
Time keeps on slippin’, slippin’, slippin’ into the future!
Which is to say we’re a month into autumn already, and it’s time to revisit my Autumn Adventures List and see how I’m doing!
1. Have a picnic in Forsyth Park in Savannah. Not yet, but I HAVE been planning my food strategy for this one! I’m thinking Smith Brothers will be involved!
2. ✔Go to the beach at least once. YES! Gene and I went to Tybee Island for a while last weekend! The temperature was around 78 which was PERFECT for watching the waves without getting all sweaty. I took a book but never even opened it. It was nice to just BE, you know?
3. Take a Master Class at the Savannah Food & Wine Festival. I bought my ticket! I’m signed up for “Southern Dishes with a French Accent” taught by Chef Jennifer Hill Booker. To say I’m excited would be an understatement!
4. Take a road trip to Eifel Acres Farm in Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with friends. Coming soon!
5. Finish most of my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. (So that I can…) I have started my shopping! What fun!
6. Focus on Advent. Coming soon! I need to go ahead and round up my Advent wreath stuff.
7. Take a hike during peak autumn color in the mountains. Trip planned and coming really soon!
8. Write one letter a week to a friend. Seriously?!? Why is that so hard?!? No letters yet.
9. ✔Eat from a food truck. (Hoping for The Big Cheese truck!) DONE! Gene and I caught the last few hours of the Savannah Jazz Festival in Forsyth Park, and I snagged a grilled cheese from The Big Cheese food truck!
10. ✔Attend a local book store event. I’m looking at you E. Shaver, Bookseller! DONE! I attended a book signing and reading with Daren Wang for his book The Hidden Light of Northern Fires. Watch for a blog post soon to tell you all about it!
11. Make an autumn art project. Nothing on this yet.
12. Make a winter/Christmas art project. Not yet.
13. Have dinner at Alligator Soul in Savannah. We’ve at least discussed it! I need to make reservations.
14. Do two of King Arthur Flour’s bakealong projects. While I *have* baked, I haven’t done an official bakealong yet.
15. Continue to have intentional meet-ups with IRL friends. (A favorite from my summertime list!) One done! I met a special friend for dinner earlier this week! She has a house of busy teenagers and a busy life in general, so I really appreciated her making the time to hang out with me for a while. We enjoyed getting caught up and sharing victories and concerns with each other.
Hooray! We’ve had a lot of fun over the last month, and there’s more on the horizon! Temperatures here in Coastal Georgia are finally, finally feeling a little more like autumn, so that’s an extra bonus! And as an extra extra bonus, there are currently NO hurricanes to watch out for!
Here’s to all of us living intentionally! We all have to roll with the punches, but with some effort and a little creativity we can make sure we have some special moments of fun in there too! Have a great weekend, y’all! Check out the links below to get more ideas for YOUR autumn adventures!
8 thoughts on “Autumn Adventures – Update #1”
I think the best thing about these lists and updates, aside from reading and being inspired by one another, is that we become more intentional about how we spend our down time. I love that you just sat on the beach without reading. No better place to just BE!!
The southern cooking with a French twist sounds like great fun. I had hoped to sign up for a tamale making class here but get scared to make plans when PC’s work schedule has become uncertain and my mom’s health is a concern.
I want to do a post with several outfits from the fall and work wear GYPO challenges. Would you want to do a blog hop and show off some of your looks?
Love the graphic on the side of the food truck. Great image. I realized that our food trucks rodeo around a little park near our home on a semi-regular basis. Visiting them is on my list. Now to get over there!!
I have not begun to think about Christmas. None of us NEED a thing. Would like to use that money to put toward some kind of trip for us to take together rather than on material things. Need to figure out how to do that.
XO dear friend!
What a fun response, Leslie! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and to engage in conversation! — Intentionality and slowing down and BEing seem to be things God wants me to think about these days, — I might be willing to share a few of my fall outfits. Let me know! — Isn’t that food truck graphic just the BEST! I love it! I do hope you’re able to attend the tamale class and a food truck rodeo soon. Both are a lot of fun! — YES for spending money on traveling!!! I enjoy shopping for others, so this season is a lot of fun for me. We don’t do elaborate gifts, but it’s fun to find a little something for my nieces and nephews and other family members. — Thanks again for stopping by and being a faithful reader! XOXO
What a delightful list! Can I come live with you? I love that you took time to just “be,” especially since you were on a beautiful beach. Here’s to intentional living!
Hooray for the beach and intentional living! YES! And come on over anytime! We’ll make room for ya! LOL!
I wish I could do that class with you! I really do! There are so many fun things to do in life, aren’t there?? Can’t wait for our trip next week!
SO many good things to choose from! I just loaded the car for our trip! Can’t wait!!!
Great work on your list this month. I love that you are still able to have a trip to the beach on your fall list and that you were able to just relax and be. That sounds fabulous.
Also Christmas shopping already? I’m impressed. And that food truck. Awesome. Do they specialize in grilled cheese or other options as well?
Thanks for stopping by, Danielle! One of the consolations of dealing with insane heat and a very long summer is being able to go to the beach during the autumn! It’s lovely!
And yes! Christmas shopping! I love coming up with ideas of just the right things for family! I’ve done a lot of thinking but NOT a lot of shopping so far! I need to hop to it!
The grilled cheese truck seems to focus on grilled cheese and not much else. They have some nice, unique variations on the theme! I’m looking forward to trying their fried bologna and cheddar cheese sandwich! HA! How southern can I get, right?!? I do love a slice of bologna now and then, and I think this would be JUST the way to do it!