Yesterday I shared my Autumn Adventures list with you, and I promised to come back and give you a final update on my Summertime list. Here it is!
1. Bake something special. DONE! I *did* do some more baking, but nothing too crazy. While our son was home on leave I baked some peanut blossoms. You know the ones. Peanut butter cookies with a Hershey’s Kiss plunked on top. I also baked an apple cake for my husband’s birthday. That’s always a family favorite. I got the recipe from my mother-in-law, so that makes it even more special!
2. Read as much as possible, both books and blogs. DONE! In additions to the books I mentioned last month HERE, I’ve started reading Anne Bogel’s I’d Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life. It’s SO lovely! I’m looking forward to snuggling down this weekend and finishing it up. I’m thrilled to be on the launch team for Myquillyn Smith’s Cozy Minimalist Home, and I can’t wait to tell you about the sneak peek that I got to read! I’ll post that early next week, so keep an eye out!
I also read:
A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner. You guys. This book deserves a post of its own. I’ve never read anything quite like it. I read it just before September 11, and that was timely. I’ll leave it right there, but you should definitely put this on your TBR list! (Read with my ears.)
The Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clancy. It was time for a thriller, and this was a decent one. I haven’t decided if I’m going to read more of the series or not. (Read with my ears.)
Sweetshop of Dreams by Jenny Colgan. (Read with my ears as I do all Jenny Colgan books!)
On Turpentine Lane by Elinor Lipman, but I can’t remember if I finished it or not. Hmmmm. [Insert 2-minute break here.] I just went back and listened to the last bit again. I *did* finish it, I just couldn’t remember what it was about. Telling, no? (Read with my ears.)
None So Blind and Will Not See by Chautona Havig. (Read with my eyes which is pretty funny because of the story line of this series!) I enjoyed both of these. Chautona is one of my favorite authors!
AND just today I snuggled down on my sofa and did some blog reading!
3. Write some letters. DONE!!! Can you believe it?!? Finally! (This has been on multiple lists, and this is the first time I’ve accomplished it! If only good intentions counted!)
4. Eat at a new-to-us restaurant in Savannah. DONE! Or it will be tonight! I’ll come back and let you know where we ate!
5. Watch a movie. DONE! My daughter and I watched The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society movie last month. (It was amazing!) Also, I’ve binged on Hallmark movies lately! (Less amazing but just what I needed for right now!)