A month ago (WHAT?!? A MONTH AGO ALREADY?!?) I compiled a list of things I wanted to do this summer. I have been on the road and/or sick nearly the whole month (I’m not exaggerating), but I HAVE accomplished a few things!
Here’s my list and how I’ve done so far: (Yes, some of these are more work than fun, but summertime is a great time to do inside work when you live in the Deep South!)
- Pantry: Reorganize my pantry.
- I’ve started cleaning it out little by little. I’ve tackled several of the dark, hidden corners and have thrown out stuff that went out of date years ago. (Please tell me I’m not the only one to have ancient stuff lurking back there!)
- Boxes: Clear boxes out of garage.
- Much to my husband’s dismay, I’ve not made it to this one yet. SOON! SOON!
- Letters: Write one real letter each week.
- I’ve written a couple of notes to my son, but I still want to fully embrace this discipline. Wow. Discipline sounds harsh, but I believe this is something I really must do and WANT to do.
- New Places: Eat at two new restaurants in Savannah.
- I’ve eaten at amazing places in Pigeon Forge, Phoenix, and St. Louis this month, but not in Savannah!
- Books: Read at least five books from Modern Mrs. Darcy’s Summer Reading Guide.
- AHA! I *have* made headway on this one! I read The Lost Book of the Grail and A Bridge Across the Ocean. I started He Said She Said and then returned it to the library. I may try to finish it up though after watching a friend having a hard time putting it down last weekend!
- Intentional Friendship IRL: Meet up with a friend at least once a month. (IRL means “in real life.”)
- YES! I had a nice visit with a local friend last week, a fun girls’ night last night with three friends, and I’m headed to beach today with two other friends! HOORAY! This is a discipline I can get excited about! (Isn’t it a shame how easy it is to NOT do this?!?)
- Intentional Friendship Virtually: Skype with a long-distance friend at least once a month.
- I’ve not done this one yet, but I’m looking forward to it!
- Time for Parents: Call my parents and my in-laws once a week.
- I’ve done a little better on this one, but there is still much room for improvement. I WANT to talk to them! I do text and message them! Now that I’m not on the road every week, I’m looking forward to sitting down, chatting, and catching up with them more frequently. I love them!
It feels good to have made some headway on my goals for this summer! Now it’s time to check in with my bloggy friends and see how THEY are doing on THEIR lists!