Whoopsie! I missed the 1-month update, so I’m chiming in now, 2 months into summer. Let’s see how I’m doing on my super simplified Summertime Adventure List.
1. Bake something special. It’s been a while since I made something special, and I think it’s about time. Now, what to bake?!? >>> I baked a really yummy coffee cake a few weeks ago, but I’m aiming for something a little more challenging! I need to pick out a recipe and make it happen. Maybe kolaches? Or OOOOOOOH! I just remembered the Pecan Pumpkin Cobbler! REALLY easy but incredibly delicious! (I have the itch for autumn, don’t you?!?)
2. Read as much as possible, both books and blogs. I’ve read some great books lately, but I’m massively behind on my blog reading. >>> I’ve been reading more with my ears than with my eyes lately. Here are some books I’ve listened to:
- Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan. I listen to Jenny’s books because of the amazing accents!
- Sweetshop of Dreams by Jenny Colgan. These two books aren’t my very favorite stories of hers…but those accents!
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Took 23 hours, y’all! I had forgotten a lot of the book. Was nice to read it again because I also read…
- Mr. Rochester by Sarah Shoemaker. I really enjoyed this one! It’s Jane Eyre’s Mr. Rochester’s back story and then his perspective of the original story. (Oh, wait! I read this one with my eyes.)
Here are a couple more books I read with my eyes:
- Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart. This was an interesting read. Unique among the mysteries I’ve read since it’s based on a true story and set in a time period I usually don’t read about.
- Simply Tuesday: Small-Moment Living in a Fast-Moving World by Emily P. Freeman. Wow! This has been a slow read for me because I’m really thinking about what she’s saying. It’s good stuff, y’all! Emily is one of my favorite podcasters. Check her out at The Next Right Thing.
I still need some blog-reading time. Oy!
3. Write some letters. I know, I know! This has been on my list the last several seasons, and I’ve still not done it! I’m going to try again! >>> STILL haven’t written a letter. This is getting ridiculous!
4. Eat at a new-to-us restaurant in Savannah. So so so so many to choose from! >>> Still need to do this.
5. Watch a movie. I’ve not watched a movie in a long time! Maybe I’ll even watch two or three this summer! Bonus points! YES! My daughter and I counted the days to the release of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society movie! This is one of our favorite books, and we were THRILLED with how the movie turned out! It’s on Netflix, and you should watch it at least twice!
I’ve done more than I thought! Hooray! What’s a fun thing YOU’ve done this summer? Check out what my bloggy friends are up to!