Five Things Friday
Last weekend was extra awesome! Here are five amazing things from that awesomeness!
(1) Friday night The Chief and I headed down to Jacksonville, Florida for the evening, and we ate at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub. We do love a good pub! We liked the atmosphere, the service, AND the food! Their bread pudding was something special, I tell you. It’s house-made of danish and doughnuts, covered with buttered pecans and chocolate chips, and topped with a bourbon glaze! OH, MAN!
(2) Special bonus: The Jacksonville Fire Department Pipes and Drums (Highland Bagpipe Band) was playing outside the restaurant! They were really good! We heard them as soon as we got out of the car and just couldn’t believe it! We always enjoyed hearing bagpipes when we lived in England, so this was an unexpected treat.
(3) After bagpipes and food we headed to the Zac Brown Band concert! YES! We’ve wanted to see them in concert for a long time, and they finally played in our area. They were an impressive groups! The vocals AND the musicianship were crazy good.
I know you want a better look at what I wore to said concert, am I right?!? Because that’s really important! These are the two variations I came up with, and The Chief preferred the denim jacket version, so that’s what I wore! This is my LuLaRoe Lucy maxi skirt worn as a dress! The flats are cranberry red, so they were a nice pop of color.
(4) THEN, on Sunday I went to #READSavannah, a special event held at the conclusion of the Southern Independent Booksellers’ Alliance Discovery Show here in Savannah. At this event we (readers) ate a nice lunch during which 10 different authors visited our table to tell us about their newest book. How cool is that! Kind of like speed dating with books/authors! We then enjoyed three different panels of authors (some of whom we had NOT met during lunch). You can just IMAGINE the state of my To Be Read list now! SO. MANY. BOOKS.
The grand finale was a special interview Liane Moriarty, author of What Alice Forgot and Truly, Madly, Guilty among several other best sellers. She was delightful! Anne Bogel of Modern Mrs. Darcy and the podcast What Should I Read Next (both of which you hear about a lot on my blog!) conducted the interview, so that was a lot of fun too! And did I mention that I got to meet and chat with Anne?!? #fangirl #totally
(5) I expected to meet some great authors and discover some great books at this event, what I did NOT expect was to make new friends! This process started when I was walking from the parking garage to the event location and asked another lady who was walking down the sidewalk if she happened to be going to #READSavannah. She WAS, so we walked together, and then she introduced me to some other ladies whom she had met at Friday’s meet and greet (which I hadn’t been able to attend). We all sat at the same table (they saved me a seat!), and chatted throughout the afternoon between meeting authors and getting our books signed. At the end of the event, four of us walked over to The Collins Quarter for dinner! I never saw that coming, and it was a blessing indeed! (As always, The Collins Quarter presented amazing food, and they also had live jazz music on this night! Eli was our server. Eli is amazing!)
Food. Bagpipes. Concert. Authors. Books. New friends. What a weekend! I’m grateful!
Follow me in social media:
3 thoughts on “Five Things Friday”
This weekend was just packed with fun stuff! Loved getting a peak at it all! Thanks for sharing!