A friend of mine, Lisa, invited me to Jacksonville (where she lives) to hit the beach for a while and then go to Trader Joe’s. That’s a hard invitation to pass up, so I didn’t! Didn’t pass it up, I mean. I totally DID go and had a blast!
We talked A LOT, had a nice lunch, and got a little sun. Then she took me for my very FIRST visit to Trader Joe’s! I’ve been hearing about Trader Joe’s for years now, and I was super excited to shop there. Here are five of the things I bought to try:
1. Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: Lisa raved about these so much I just HAD to get some! My husband and son and I all agree that they’re amazing! I bought a small pack of the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, and we liked them even more. Usually my husband doesn’t care for dark chocolate, so I was really surprised!
2. Dark Chocolate Cacao Nibs: I’m a huge fan of cacao nibs, so I couldn’t resist getting these! I’m not a huge chocolate eater, but I do really like small amounts of dark chocolate from time to time. The cacao nibs add a perfect crunch factor.
3. Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans: These certainly pack a punch! A different friend of mine used to eat these all the time, so I decided to buy a package and see what I thought. Did I mention they really pack a punch! They’re good but not something I’ll eat all the time.
4. Golden Berry Blend: This a mix of golden raisins, cherries, cranberries, and blueberries. YUM!!! I made oatmeal cookies with these today, and they’re getting thumbs up from my crew today! I would definitely buy these again.
5. Fizzy Lemonade: We discovered fizzy lemonade when we lived in England, and I have sorely missed it. You can then imagine my excitement when I saw multiple flavors of it at Trader Joe’s! I was a happy, happy Michael Ann! Sparkling lemonade is just what you’d expect, lemonade with lovely, sparkly bubbles. I bought three flavors: Lemonade (plain), French Berry Lemonade, and Limeade. I’m rationing this stuff, and I’m not exactly sharing nicely.
Aren’t the bottles beautiful!!! I love pretty things!
So my first trip to Trader Joe’s was a huge success, and I’m looking forward to going again when I have a chance. I’ve been online scouting out all its locations!
What do YOU like to buy at Trader Joe’s? Do you have one nearby, or do you have to travel to get to one? Leave a comment below! I’d love to hear from you!