Last night we went with some good friends to see our first Savannah Bananas baseball game and had a blast! I’m not really a fan of baseball, but I rapidly became a Bananas fan!
The Savannah Bananas?!? I can hear you rolling your eyes! It’s a horrible name, right?!? Alas. This is what happens with the public is allowed to vote on the name of the team. (Whose idea was it to trust “the people” with such an important decision?!? LOL!)
Unfortunate name aside, this team knows how to throw a good party! …
My happy meter is pretty much pegged out these days, and I thought I would share a few happy things with you guys today!
1. We’re camping this weekend! It’s our first time out this year, and we were READY! We stayed pretty close to home and don’t have a lot of stuff planned. Maybe a short hike tomorrow. Lots of relaaaaaxing is the primary goal!
2. I recently purchased this awesome, custom necklace from my local Plunder consultant! I just love it! It makes me really happy!
3. Gene and I are going to the insanely crazy St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Savannah next week! Yikes! I’m equally excited and terrified! We purchased tickets from the Savannah Theatre, so we’ll have reserved seats, security, bathrooms, and lots of food. Hopefully it’ll be a fun experience. Stay tuned!
4. I’m gearing up for my first homeschool convention of the season! I’ll be representing Sonlight Curriculum at the Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (MACHE) Convention next month. My team and I are excited to get back in our NEW, BEAUTIFUL booth and talk to families about homeschooling with Sonlight!
5. We’re getting details nailed down for our trip to Alaska in May! I’ll be working at three homeschool conventions there and then we’ll get to see our son! He’s stationed there with the Air Force, and I just can’t wait to see him and explore Alaska together!
Add to this list a visit from my oldest niece (#gabfest #shopping), the new Beauty and the Beast movie, flowers blooming everywhere, gorgeous weather, all kinds of great stuff happening at our church, getting to know new friends, a great Bible study for Lent…the list goes on and on! I thank God for these opportunities!
What’s something happy going on with YOU today?!? Leave a comment and let me know! I’ll be happy to be happy with you!
Last Saturday Gene and I hit the water again, and it was only FEBRUARY, y’all! What what?!? The weather here in Coastal Georgia is always…interesting. But if February wants to hand us temps around 80, we’re going kayaking!
Hooray for a new Currently link up! Here’s what I’m currently up to!
Doing: Visiting new friends in beautiful Thomasville, Georgia! I met some ladies at the #READSavannah event back in September, and two of them live in Thomasville. I had been here once before and discovered a delightful downtown area with loads of unique shops and some of the best food I’ve ever eaten. (I’m looking at you, Jonah’s Fish and Grits!) I’m here now to invest in these fledgling friendships and to eat more great food! What a joy it’s been! I’ve truly enjoyed getting to know Julie and Mary Jane better.
BONUS: I was also able to meet up with Susie, a “virtual” friend of mine I met on the GYPO Style Challenges. It was our first time to meet in real life! Talk about a blessing! Oh my! So this friendship, too, has taken great leaps forward this weekend. I thank God for prompting me to come and spend time with these ladies!
Enjoying: Eating my way through Thomasville! I had lunch yesterday at Savannah Moon Bakery & Cafe; monster grilled cheese and tomato bisque! Dinner last night was at Jonah’s. The hush puppies were JUST as amazing as I remembered! I nearly wept over them the first time I had them. For real. Last night I chose (along with hush puppies) grilled mahi and grits with tasso gravy and a side of collard greens. Y’all! I was one happy Michael Ann! This morning I’m blogging from Grassroots Coffee, and in a minute I’m meeting Mary Jane at the Q Cafe for breakfast. Lunch plans are to be determined. I’m not ruling out a return trip to Jonah’s!
Cooking: I tried a new pressure cooker recipe for Chicken Cacciatore last week, and it was a hit! I used this recipe as a starting point and added a couple of cloves of garlic, a tablespoon or so of capers, and about 1/4 cup (maybe less) white wine. I used chicken thighs and cooked the whole thing for 15 minutes as the recipe said, then served it over brown rice (cooked in my second pressure cooker).
Wrapping: I’d love to say I’m wrapping up my Christmas shopping, but I’m just getting started! Thomasville offers some amazing shopping! Did I mention that already?
Playing: Christmas music. Lots of it! Jordan Smith’s album is still a frequent flier, and I just located my Christmas in Velvet album. That was my favorite album when I was growing up (back when it really was a physical LP album!), and I still love it.
Link-up: Be sure to click over to Anne and Kellie to see what they (and a lot of other fun folks) are CURRENTLY up to!
So, what are YOU currently doing, enjoying, cooking, wrapping, and playing?!? DO tell in the comment section below!