One of my goals for this autumn was to do two of the King Arthur Flour bakealongs. Each month they post a recipe and invite folks to bake the recipe and then post a picture on social media. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time, and I finally got in the kitchen and did it!
The recipe for November was Cinnamon Star Bread, and it looked WAY too complicated! My mom taught me that I can cook anything if I just followed the recipe, so I grabbed my apron and got started.
Y’all, I still can’t believe how simple this recipe was and how well it turned out! King Arthur Flour did a fantastic job on their step-by-step directions. Those made this project a joy!
You guys should definitely give this a try! Did I mention how good the directions were?!?
I’m looking forward to the December #bakealong now! I wonder what it will be!
Do you like to bake? Have you done a bakealong? Give this one a try and let me know how it goes!
Is it just me, or has time been moving at warp speed lately?!? Wow! We’re two months into autumn, and it’s time to share how I’m doing on my Autumn Adventures list. My original list is here, and my October update is here.
I’ve had some AMAZING adventures over the last month, and I’m excited to tell you about them! I’m going to give short recaps here today, and then over the next few days (when I’m spending many hours on the road) I’ll write more about all the fun I’ve had lately! Here we go!
1.✔Have a picnic in Forsyth Park in Savannah. We didn’t have a picnic in Forsyth Park, but we DID have a picnic at Biltmore House in Asheville, North Carolina! We made a last minute trip to Asheville and then made an unplanned visit to Biltmore! We rented bikes and rode up the (enormous) hill to the back side of the house, looked around for a bit, then had a lovely little picnic under the trees just down the hill from the house. What a view! Don’t you love how unplanned, super simple things end up being your favorite memories?!? Crazy! In any case, I’m going to call this one done. Maybe we’ll make it to Forsyth Park next month. If so, I’ll give myself bonus points!
2.✔Go to the beach at least once.
3. ✔Take a Master Class at the Savannah Food & Wine Festival. DONE! I took the “Southern Dishes with a French Accent” class. It was taught by Chef Jennifer Hill Booker, and I had a great time! She taught us how to make three different dishes. We were then able to taste each dish! I’d like to take more classes next year. I learned a lot and had a really lovely afternoon.
4. ✔Take a road trip to Eifel Acres Farm in Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with friends. Happening now!
5. Χ Finish most of my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. (So that I can…) I have done SOME shopping and some thinking, but I failed to do MOST of my shopping before Thanksgiving. Ah well.
6. Focus on Advent. Coming soon!
7. ✔Take a hike during peak autumn color in the mountains. YES!!! Watch for a post in the next few days about our camping trip to Asheville! Photos and restaurant recommendations will be included!
8. Write one letter a week to a friend. Still not making progress on this one! Goodness gracious.
14. Do two of King Arthur Flour’s bakealong projects. YES! I did my first #bakealong last week! I made Cinnamon Star Bread and still can’t believe how beautiful it was! I’m eager to see what December’s baking challenge will be! A post with the recipe and more photos is coming soon!
15. ✔Continue to have intentional meet-ups with IRL friends. YES!!! I’ve had two especially fun time with friends over the last few weeks! I’ll share more in the next few days! (Hints: Poe, camping, and IKEA!)
So. Much. Fun!!! Like I said on the front end, I’ll have lots of time to blog on our road trip to Missouri this week, so come back soon and often to get all the details about my adventures!
I’m linking up with some other bloggers to see how THEIR autumn lists are going. I love seeing what everybody is up to! I’m getting a lot of great ideas for things *I* want to do!
Thanks for stopping by! Have YOU baked anything new lately? Hiked a beautiful trail? Spent some time with a friend? Please leave a comment so I can celebrate with you!
Ahhhh! The first day of autumn! We saw the first glimpses of autumn color a couple of weeks ago when we were in Asheville, North Carolina, and today here in Savannah we have a predicted high temperature of only 89 degrees! Yes! We’re headed in the right direction!
It’s time to plan fun adventures for the new season, y’all! I did this for spring and for summer, along with some bloggy friends of mine, and it’s been a lot of fun! I’ll post a final update on my Summertime Fun List tomorrow, but for today, here is my Autumn Adventures list!
I know I say it every month, but I LOVE this link-up! It’s fun to see how everyone interprets each month’s prompts and what they’re up to! Here’s what I’m CURRENTLY…
snacking (on):Dark Salted Brown Butter Chocolate. I discovered this chocolate bar at Publix yesterday, and it jumped into my cart all by itself. I don’t usually eat chocolate, but this bar apparently thought I’d like it. It’s right. …