This is Whittier, Alaska which sits on the shore of Prince William Sound in the Chugach National Forest! About 200 people live here, and 90% of the 200 live in the tall apartment building you see in the middle of town! (Just think about that for a minute!)
This lovely piece of paradise gets 15 FEET of rain and 20 FEET of snow each year! FEET, y’all! …
You have have heard me talk about my upcoming trip to Alaska for months now, and I’m finally HERE!!! Hooray! I worked trade shows (homeschool conventions) in Soldotna and Anchorage last week and have one more to do in Fairbanks this week. Work comes first, obviously, but we’ve had little bits of time here and there for adventures!
We were driving to dinner yesterday when I pointed out the window and asked my colleague, “Is that the Alaska pipeline over there?” …
Today I’m linking up with Anne and Nancy for this month’s Currently! This month we’re sharing what we’re currently baking, listening to, loving, planting, and remembering.
I am currently…
Baking: shortbread! I got a GREAT deal on some mini cookie cutters at World Market just before Easter, and I knew I just HAD to make shortbread to take to our family Easter gathering! They turned out so stinking cute! …
Accomplishing: unpacking some boxes. We’ve been in our house two and half years! Oy! Some of boxes are full of decorating-type things that I didn’t use when we first moved in. Now I have the itch to change things up, so it’s a good time to sort through those items. Other boxes are full of stuff we dragged from house to house during our Air Force career. I need to just. get. rid. of. them.
Feeling: excited! We’re getting ready for our trip to Alaska! …
When I shared my Springtime Fun List with you I admitted that I had gotten a head start on it. THIS–attending our first Savannah St. Patrick’s Day Parade–is one of biggest things Gene and I decided to do this spring…even though it happened a few days before spring actually began.
Do YOU have a springtime fun list? Or if not an official list, what are some things you’d like to do over the next few weeks? Please share them with me in the comment section below! I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
My happy meter is pretty much pegged out these days, and I thought I would share a few happy things with you guys today!
1. We’re camping this weekend! It’s our first time out this year, and we were READY! We stayed pretty close to home and don’t have a lot of stuff planned. Maybe a short hike tomorrow. Lots of relaaaaaxing is the primary goal!
2. I recently purchased this awesome, custom necklace from my local Plunder consultant! I just love it! It makes me really happy!
3. Gene and I are going to the insanely crazy St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Savannah next week! Yikes! I’m equally excited and terrified! We purchased tickets from the Savannah Theatre, so we’ll have reserved seats, security, bathrooms, and lots of food. Hopefully it’ll be a fun experience. Stay tuned!
4. I’m gearing up for my first homeschool convention of the season! I’ll be representing Sonlight Curriculum at the Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (MACHE) Convention next month. My team and I are excited to get back in our NEW, BEAUTIFUL booth and talk to families about homeschooling with Sonlight!
5. We’re getting details nailed down for our trip to Alaska in May! I’ll be working at three homeschool conventions there and then we’ll get to see our son! He’s stationed there with the Air Force, and I just can’t wait to see him and explore Alaska together!
Add to this list a visit from my oldest niece (#gabfest #shopping), the new Beauty and the Beast movie, flowers blooming everywhere, gorgeous weather, all kinds of great stuff happening at our church, getting to know new friends, a great Bible study for Lent…the list goes on and on! I thank God for these opportunities!
What’s something happy going on with YOU today?!? Leave a comment and let me know! I’ll be happy to be happy with you!
Last Saturday Gene and I hit the water again, and it was only FEBRUARY, y’all! What what?!? The weather here in Coastal Georgia is always…interesting. But if February wants to hand us temps around 80, we’re going kayaking!
HOORAY for the monthly Currently link up! Currently I am…
WATCHING: Face Off on the SyFy channel. I’ve watched several seasons of this show and really enjoy it! Each week the artists have different movie makeup challenges; they create everything from aliens to monsters to snow queens!
EATING: Strawberries! They’re in season, and I’m a happy girl. I buy them year ’round, but I like the prices this time of year!
SAYING: “Where’s the sunscreen?” and “When are we going camping?” We’re pushing 90 degrees today, y’all! We have to get out there and have some fun before the REAL heat arrives!
WEARING: The awesome happy camper cap my husband gave me for Valentine’s Day! YAY!!!
POSTING: This photo from our recent paddle at George L. Smith State Park near Metter, Georgia. I asked my sweet man to pretty please snag a few pictures of me while we were on the water. He did well!!! I rushed this baby straight to Instagram where my outdoor peeps showed it a little love! (I’m @outandback.live if you’d like to follow me!) HERE are more photos from this paddle!
Now it’s time for a big shout out to the hosts of this here link up, Anne and Carrie! Be sure to pop over to their blogs to see what they’re CURRENTLY up to! And Leslie’s blog! She’s a great story teller, so you don’t want to miss hers!
What are YOU currently watching, eating, saying, wearing, and posting?!? Link up on Anne’s blog or leave me a comment! I LOVE hearing from folks! #extrovert #talktome