Hey, you guys! Back in September I created a list of fun adventures for the autumn season and shared it HERE. Let’s glance back and see what Autumn Adventures we had over the second month of the season! (You can see the first month update HERE.)
1. All the camping and hiking! ✅ We’ve had so much fun camping this autumn! Since my last update we took a nice, long camping trip to Chattanooga. Yes, again! We still have LOTS to do there! This time our daughter went with us, so that was fun! She set up camp a few sites over from ours but joined us for food and campfires.
We made our first visit to Rock City on the recommendation of my younger sister and loved it so much we upgraded to annual passes! (Thanks, Rachel!)
Another first, we hiked at Lula Lake Land Trust. What a day! We hiked five miles of forest trails, saw gorgeous waterfalls, and enjoyed amazing autumn color. This area is open to the public only a couple of weekends each month, and even then the numbers of folks allowed on the property is limited. We highly recommend hiking here!
2. Attend Nest Fest. ✅ Still pinching myself!
3. Attend a Christmas concert. We’ve purchased tickets for The Fabulous Equinox Orchestra‘s Holiday show! A three-course dinner, music, and good friends! I can’t wait!
4. Go on a progressive date in downtown Savannah with Gene. ✅ See Update #1! We’ll do this again, for sure!
5. Have friends over so we can get to know their families better. ✅ We’ve done this at least once this autumn and want to be intentional about doing it more often.
6. Have some one-on-one coffee dates or baking time with friends. ✅
7. Go kayaking at least twice. ❎ Y’all this one just did NOT happen! I told you about our kayaking trip that wasn’t, and we weren’t able to to squeeze another trip in. Next spring we’ll try again!
8. Enjoy Christmas shopping and have it (mostly) finished by Thanksgiving. ❎ ✅ This one didn’t happen either. My week before Thanksgiving didn’t go exactly as planned, so no shopping happened then. I did, however, get a good start on things before Advent started, so I’ll give myself some partial credit for that!
9. Celebrate Advent. ✅ In progress! I *did* purchase this Advent calendar, and I just LOVE how my display came together!
10. Implement The Nester’s cozy minimalism ideas for decorating my home for autumn and Christmas. ✅ I’ve had SO much fun with this! I’m eager to show you some pictures! Watch for them! I promise to post pictures soon! (I apologize for not getting them up before now!)
11. Do the GYPO Fall Style Challenge. ✅ And now the Winter Challenge is open! Click HERE to see what it’s all about and to join me!
12. Prepare and mail Christmas cards to family and friends. Still in the works! I’m excited to do this since we didn’t get to it last year.
13. Make sourdough bread. This one still hasn’t happened. I’m not sure how hard I’ll work to get to it. I might take a pass on this one and try again in January!
14. Go on a picnic. We DID eat at a picnic table at our campsite! That might be as close as we get for now! The temps are finally picnic friendly (and even a touch TOO cool some days now), so maybe we can still squeeze this in! I’d love to pick up lunch from Savannah’s new The Grey Market and eat it as a picnic in one of our beautiful squares!
What adventures have YOU had recently?!? Do you do a big shopping trip with friends like my youngest sister does? Did you do something special for Thanksgiving? Please share with me in the comment section below! I’d love to hear about it!
Want to see what my bloggy friends have been up to? Check ’em out!