Hooray for autumn!!! Here in Coastal Georgia we don’t get much autumn color, but we DO get temperatures under 90 degrees! Sometimes. Eventually. Still, it’s a special time of year because we can actually get outside and enjoy it! Outdoor activities feature prominently in my Autumn Adventures list, so let’s get to it!
Here are the adventures I hope to enjoy this autumn:
1. All the camping and hiking! Yes! We have trips planned to Hendersonville, North Carolina; Chattanooga, Tennessee; and Charlotte, North Carolina. As you may remember, we camp in a tent, so summertime camping is no fun at all in our southern weather. We’re looking forward to cool evenings and campfires!
2. Attend Nest Fest. I’m a relatively new fan of Myquillyn Smith, a.k.a. The Nester. She’s an author who is teaching me how to more confidently make my home pretty AND comfortable. I can’t wait to tell you more about her and her new book! I am SO excited about attending Nest Fest, an event she hosts at her home near Charlotte, North Carolina!
3. Attend a Christmas concert.
4. Go on a progressive date in downtown Savannah with Gene.
5. Have friends over so we can get to know their families better. I’m thinking grilling out, sitting outside and enjoying time together.
6. Have some one-on-one coffee dates or baking time with friends.
7. Go kayaking at least twice.
8. Enjoy Christmas shopping and have it (mostly) finished by Thanksgiving. I did this when we were stationed in Germany and had to mail gifts back to the States by Thanksgiving so that they’d be delivered in time for Christmas. I liked having that wrapped up (see what I did there?!?) and then being able to focus on Advent.
9. Celebrate Advent. The lead-up to Christmas is one of my favorite times of years. What a joy to celebrate what God did for us!
10. Implement The Nester’s cozy minimalism ideas for decorating my home for autumn and Christmas.
11. Do the GYPO Fall Style Challenge. More on that HERE.
12. Prepare and mail Christmas cards to family and friends.
13. Make sourdough bread. I’ve been meaning to try this forever. Now’s the time!
14. Go on a picnic. This was on my Springtime Adventure List, but it didn’t happen. And then SUMMER happened. Autumn weather brings a new opportunity to get out there and do this!
Woohooo! I’m excited! What are YOU hoping to do this fall? Click on the links below to get some great ideas from my bloggy friends!
Last thing! Come back soon to see how my Summertime Adventure List went! Did I finally FINALLY write a real letter?!? I’ll post a final update this weekend!
Follow me in social media: