Time keeps on slippin’, slippin’, slippin’ into the future!
Which is to say we’re a month into autumn already, and it’s time to revisit my Autumn Adventures List and see how I’m doing!
2. ✔Go to the beach at least once. YES! Gene and I went to Tybee Island for a while last weekend! The temperature was around 78 which was PERFECT for watching the waves without getting all sweaty. I took a book but never even opened it. It was nice to just BE, you know?
3. Take a Master Class at the Savannah Food & Wine Festival. I bought my ticket! I’m signed up for “Southern Dishes with a French Accent” taught by Chef Jennifer Hill Booker. To say I’m excited would be an understatement!
4. Take a road trip to Eifel Acres Farm in Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with friends. Coming soon!
5. Finish most of my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. (So that I can…) I have started my shopping! What fun!
6. Focus on Advent. Coming soon! I need to go ahead and round up my Advent wreath stuff.
7. Take a hike during peak autumn color in the mountains. Trip planned and coming really soon!
8. Write one letter a week to a friend. Seriously?!? Why is that so hard?!? No letters yet.
9. ✔Eat from a food truck. (Hoping for The Big Cheese truck!) DONE! Gene and I caught the last few hours of the Savannah Jazz Festival in Forsyth Park, and I snagged a grilled cheese from The Big Cheese food truck!
10. ✔Attend a local book store event. I’m looking at you E. Shaver, Bookseller! DONE! I attended a book signing and reading with Daren Wang for his book The Hidden Light of Northern Fires. Watch for a blog post soon to tell you all about it!
11. Make an autumn art project. Nothing on this yet.
12. Make a winter/Christmas art project. Not yet.
13. Have dinner at Alligator Soul in Savannah. We’ve at least discussed it! I need to make reservations.
14. Do two of King Arthur Flour’s bakealong projects. While I *have* baked, I haven’t done an official bakealong yet.
15. Continue to have intentional meet-ups with IRL friends. (A favorite from my summertime list!) One done! I met a special friend for dinner earlier this week! She has a house of busy teenagers and a busy life in general, so I really appreciated her making the time to hang out with me for a while. We enjoyed getting caught up and sharing victories and concerns with each other.
Hooray! We’ve had a lot of fun over the last month, and there’s more on the horizon! Temperatures here in Coastal Georgia are finally, finally feeling a little more like autumn, so that’s an extra bonus! And as an extra extra bonus, there are currently NO hurricanes to watch out for!
Here’s to all of us living intentionally! We all have to roll with the punches, but with some effort and a little creativity we can make sure we have some special moments of fun in there too! Have a great weekend, y’all! Check out the links below to get more ideas for YOUR autumn adventures!