TBB Asks: Back-to-School This or That
This or That questionnaires can be a lot of fun, so I decided to link up with the ladies of The Blended Blog again for this month’s topic: Back to School. I’m giving answers based on way back when, when I was in school!
1. Did you love school or hate it? Loved loved loved it. Couldn’t wait to go back every year.
2. Start school before or after Labor Day? I think we usually started just before Labor Day then had a long weekend to recover.
3. Wake up: eager beaver or slow poke? Is there a third option? I was easy to get up but was neither a beaver nor a poke.
4. Favorite breakfast? Seems like I usually had cereal. I know Daddy usually got breakfast ready for us.
5. Favorite cereal? Now it’s Captain Crunch, but I don’t remember what my favorite was years ago. Maybe Rice Krispies with bananas?
6. School uniform or no uniform? Never had uniforms.
7. New outfit for first day or no? Is that even a question?!? OF COURSE I wore a new outfit for the first day of school! Image is important!
8. Walk to school or ride the bus? Seems like we usually rode the bus to school, and then my parents picked us up after school. They tried to make it so we didn’t have to ride the bus both ways. Mornings were calmer and cooler, so we opted to ride the bus in the morning when we had the option.
9. Backpack, tote, or messenger bag? I remember tote bags and backpacks.
10. Eat school lunch or pack lunch? Usually ate the school lunch, and it was usually pretty good!
11. Remember the little milk cartons? White or chocolate? Puhlease! Chocolate!
12. Paper bag or lunch box? I remember a lunch box or two, but we usually ate school lunches.
13. Favorite thing to do at recess? Read. Duh!
14. Favorite back to school supply item? ALL THE THINGS! I still get excited when school supplies come out every year!
15. Chalkboard or dry erase board? I’m pretty sure dry erase boards hadn’t been invented!
16. Regular pencil or mechanical? Both had their charms. I still like both!
17. Homework as soon as you got home or after dinner? I think I took a little snack break when I got home then got tucked into my homework.
18. Favorite after school snack? I have no idea!
19. Favorite after school show? No idea on this one either! I don’t remember watching tv after we got home.
20. Favorite subject in school? Reading. I always liked history too, but I don’t remember getting much of it. Seems like we got some in Social Studies, but it was never enough for me.
21. Least favorite school subject? I don’t remember disliking anything.
22. Name of your best friend in high school? I had a few good friends, but not a bestie.
23. High school mascot type? Heron! Yes, the bird.
24. SAT or ACT? SAT.
25. Favorite year of school? My junior year of high school. That was the year a lot of fun stuff happened (class rings, decorating for prom, etc.), and I was able to get to know more of my classmates better.
26. Class ring or no class ring? Yes. I still have it! It’s beautiful.
27. Attend or not attend high school reunions? I’ve not been to one yet. I was planning to attend my 30th next month but have had to cancel that plan.
Well, now you know more about me and my school days! I went on to homeschool my two kids all the way through high school. I wonder how THEY would answer these questions! Maybe I’ll ask them!
See how others answered these questions and join in yourself at The Blended Blog!
Follow me in social media:
8 thoughts on “TBB Asks: Back-to-School This or That”
Fun. I may have to jump in on this post and do it too. Thanks for sharing.
DO jump in! It’s a lot of fun!
Oh girl! I laughed my way through your answers and could just *hear* your voice! Heron?? Really?? As much as I like to read, I didn’t read at recess. Thanks for linking up with the Blended Blog! 🙂
HA! I love how you can hear me! Yes, a heron. Really. *sigh* They’re SO fierce, right?!? They ARE gorgeous and stately, but not exactly mascot material. That’s what happens when you go to school in the middle of a swamp though! At recess I DID like to swing too. I should’ve mentioned that!
Ummm… gators are fierce and live in a swamp! 😉
Indeed. Which is why the next county over is the Ware County Gators!
Neither a beaver nor a poke. Lol. Love that.
LOL! I’m glad I made you laugh!