Autumn is finally here! Hooray! Yesterday I shared my Autumn Adventures list, a list of fun stuff I’m looking forward to doing this autumn. Today I want to backtrack just a little bit and give a final update on my Summertime Fun List. I shared my progress on the list here and here, but HERE is the original list and a super quick recap.
- Pantry: Reorganize my pantry. Done!
- Boxes: Clear boxes out of garage. Made a lot of progress on boxes INSIDE the house, and I got my two guest rooms fully up to speed! I still have a few bags of things in the garage to deal with, but I’m going to call this one a success!
- Letters: Write one real letter each week. I sent a few notes, but still want to do better.
- New Places: Eat at two new restaurants in Savannah. YES! Finally! Scroll down to see where we went! Done!
- Books: Read at least five books from Modern Mrs. Darcy’s Summer Reading Guide. Done!
- Intentional Friendship IRL: Meet up with a friend at least once a month. (IRL means “in real life.”) Done!
- Intentional Friendship Virtually: Skype with a long-distance friend at least once a month. Total fail on this one.
- Time for Parents: Call my parents and my in-laws once a week. Making some progress but still want to do better, especially since I know how much I like to hear from MY kids! When did making phone calls get so difficult?
We finally made it into Savannah to try two new places! How exciting!
The first restaurant we tried was actually a food truck that I’ve been wanting to catch for a long time. It’s Big Bon Pizza. A food truck with a wood fired pizza oven. I’m serious, y’all!
They set up at Smith Brothers Butcher Shop, a lovely place that did, indeed, have fresh meat AND a massive wine selection, a tasty bakery counter, and wonderful ingredients for all kinds of cooking. I could’ve spent hours in there looking around!
And one of my favorite things: a lending library of cookbooks! I kid you not! How cool is this?!?
Our pizza was great as was our time spent hanging out with new friends! I definitely plan to catch Big Bon Pizza again, and I’m going to steal away for a couple of hours of shopping time (and a sandwich) at Smith Brothers soon!
The other place we went is a Savannah classic that was recommended to us by several people, the Crystal Beer Parlor. My husband and daughter and I ate here, and it wasn’t quite what I expected. Gene and Cassandra got burgers, and they said they were good. I got a bowl of crab stew and half a shrimp salad sandwich. It was good, but I won’t order it again. I was expecting a different (more modern) atmosphere, and I think my expectations got the best of me on this one. I’m sure we’ll go back again, and I’ll enjoy it more!
So that’s a wrap for the Summertime Fun List! Now to get to work having fun with my Autumn Adventures!
What are YOU up too? Tried any new food trucks lately? Any special adventures coming up this autumn?!?Follow me in social media: