Here are five things I’m listening to these days:
(1) What Should I Read Next?, a fabulous podcast done by Modern Mrs. Darcy (MMD). I was already hooked on MMD’s Facebook page, and then my friend Sheila told me about the podcast! I might be on my third round of listening to these! The format is just perfect, the recording is done well, and my “To Be Read” list has never been longer! On each podcast she asks her guest to share three books they love, one book they hate, and what they’re currently reading, then she gives them three book recommendations based on what she’s learned about their reading preferences. And the titles/authors of ALL the books discussed are posted in the show notes, so you can simply enjoy listening and not worry about writing stuff down. Three cheers for THAT!
(2) Jordan Smith’s album, Something Beautiful. I loved listening to him on The Voice, and I’m thrilled to be able to support him (even if just a little bit) by buying his album. Here’s the video for one of my favorites from this album, “Stand In the Light.”
(3) Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. This is one of the books that MMD (above) recommended to her guest on What Should I Read Next a few weeks ago. I’m not sure how I feel about this book. I’m both fascinated with it and frustrated by it. I just started listening to it for the second time to decide if I’m more okay with the ending this time. Check it out and let me know what you think! Perhaps it’s better read than listened to?
(4) The “Unplugged” album by Unspoken. I listen to it over and over. Here’s the video for “Tell Somebody.”
(5) The forest behind my house. Yep! I’m being intentional about spending more time outside. I count sitting on my screened porch as being outside since I can see the trees, feel the breeze, and hear the cacophony of frogs and crickets without getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes.
What are you listening to? Please share in the comments below!Follow me in social media: