3. Meaning of My Business Name. Hmmmm. Okay. Well, if that’s referring to the name of my blog, outandback, it comes from the Mother Goose Rhyme, “To Market, To Market.” You can read the whole thing here, but the line that was always used in my family when I was growing up was “home again, home again, jiggety-jig” said, obviously, when we arrived back home! I knew I wanted to talk about “home” stuff here and “away” (travel) stuff too. “Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig” was too long to use as a blog name, so that became the subtitle and “outandback” became the condensed, catchy title! Now you know!
4. Earliest Childhood Memory. My earliest, crystal-clear memories are from kindergarten. I remember how we took turns bringing cookies for snack time. And I remember practicing for graduation. I was selected to read a passage from my reading booklet during the ceremony, and I was SO proud! I’ve always loved books!
5. My Guilty Pleasure. Watching Survivor! I know a lot of people don’t like it at all. I enjoy the sociology of it all! Truly! And, well, Jeff Probst!
(Photo is from Survivor’s Facebook page.)
6. Three Personality Traits I’m Proud Of. God has spent forty-something years smoothing the rough edges and growing me. By His grace I’m (1) quick to forgive, (2) quick to encourage, (3) quick to smile and laugh. We won’t talk about the less admirable traits today!
7. Ten Favorite Foods. French fries, sweet potatoes, ham (pork, really), deep dish pizza, sticky toffee pudding, fried oysters, a really good burger, bacon, steak & ale pie, and my mom’s caramel cake.
What are some of YOUR favorite foods? Are YOU a Survivor fan too? Leave me a comment!
Follow me in social media: